8.22.2008

sculptures in CRAYON!! what?!


yes, I think this has to be one of the wittiest forms of sculpture I have seen in...well a long time, maybe EVER! Diem Chau is a wonderful artist who hails from Vietnam but is now living in Seattle. Her work is incredibly delicate and have you not always wanted a crayon that looks just like yourself!? I think that the best would be a whole family of crayons... and it could be a gradual thing, maybe you start with your kids and then move on up through your family! what a treasure. Diem's work combines common mediums and common means
(I love that part about her!) to create delicate vignettes of fleeting memory, gesture and form. if you visit her website you can see the scope of her work (these crayon sculptures are just a 'part' of her work!!) her work has the feeling of storytelling...she does commissions so just email her and she can tell your story in crayon!


she is wonderful and I hope you love her work as much as I do... so glad that I found you Diem!
(go to her website here...then click on 'past work' to see more crayon sculptures)